There are probably tons of uses for honey that you haven’t heard of yet. Honey is not only an excellent food source. It has amazing medicinal properties, too. Honey has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It is nature’s wonder drug. And when honey is used to treat certain medical conditions, it has no side effects!
Read on to know more.
- Honey treats skin ulcers, burns, and wounds. This was verified by a post-graduate student at the University of Guelph. The conventional treatment for burns is silver sulfadiazine. When compared with the healing accompanied by the use of silver sulfadiazine, 87% of patients whose wounds were treated with pure raw honey healed after fifteen days. Silver sulfadiazine treatment healed 10% of the wounds after fifteen days. Diabetic ulcers, tropical ulcers, and other types of skin ulcers that do not respond well to conventional treatment methods heal faster with pure unprocessed honey.
- Honey blocks the growth of oral bacteria. It helps to prevent plaque. And plaque does not stop at damaging your pearly whites. You can swallow the plaque, and it damages your heart and other internal organs.
- Honey helps ease throat irritation. If you feel the first stirrings of sore throat, drink pure organic honey.
- Honey helps to treat peptic stomach ulcers or gastric ulcers. It is also wonderful at treating patients who suffer from gastroenteritis. (source: Yoirish, N. The Curative Properties of Honey and Bee Venom. USA, 1977.)
- Honey promotes healing. You can use it to hasten the healing of postoperative wounds.
- Honey is low in calories and can be used as a sweetener if you are a diabetic. Honey is great as a weight loss food source.
- Use honey to fight hangover. Honey oxidizes the alcohol fast so you feel sober again. Here’s the perfect sobering recipe for a hangover: blend together 15 ml of pure organic honey, 80 ml of orange juice, and 70 ml of yogurt.
- Honey can treat yeast infections.
- Honey can get rid of that unsightly and embarrassing athlete’s foot.
- Honey can help you deal with arthritis pain.
- Honey is a known anti-inflammatory agent and can be used to reduce scarring. Instead of conventional wound dressing, you can actually slather pure and unprocessed organic honey and allow it to sit and protect your wound. The wound will heal much faster than if you use regular dressing.